Day 21 - Green Hut
down by 'Kyrill' blocking the pathway
The Fünf Bäume (Five Trees) crossroadsIt's a cool 3 degrees this morning with clear blue skies. I decide to venture out to Grünhütte, a 12-km round trip. Marching along dodging debris there is much evidence of gale 'Kyrill' with numerous trees leaning, broken or uprooted. When I reach 'Funf Bäume', gusting wind and hail force me to take refuge briefly in the log hut. Further on, the path is blocked by three huge trees that have been torn down by the gales. Clambering over them I take a few photos for the blog. I soon reach the hut and pause there for a while to soak up the intermittent weak rays of sunshine, then return home from my Sunday jaunt.
Looking at the blog so far I get the feeling the site should be called 'Trees' or 'devastation'. It was not my intention to concentrate so much on this aspect of the Black Forest. I promise that eventually other topics will find their way into my blog.



Comments
Post a Comment