
Yesterday descending the zigzag path I hear rustling in the bushes. Not unusual of course. I look to my right and 10 metres away see what appears to be the large head of an Alsatian dog poking out from behind a bush. Looking at me. As alarm bells go off inside my head and I jump into alert mode, what strikes me first is its calm curiosity. Most wildlife in the forest dashes off immediately rarely waiting around to inspect what has disturbed them. Paralysed we both stare at each other. I can only see its huge grey and black head with large pointed ears. Could be a wild dog, someone’s lost pet that has taken to living wild. As I slip my rucksack off to get my camera out it bounds off, retreating more like a deer and I wonder if maybe that is what I have mistakenly seen. But deer are red brown. Its retreat reminds me more of a wild animal than a domesticated dog. Hmmm … a mysterious encounter. Today’s picture shows the Bergblume cafe biergarten shaded by the chestnut trees that are now in full bloom.
Comments
Post a Comment