Day 237 - Kitchen view

early morning view from the kitchen
.
Zen frog

.
Later… Despite a good start to the day and promises of up to 30 degrees it remained cloudy for the most part and I doubt that the temperature exceeded 25 degrees here on the hill. I walked to Five Trees crossroads in the afternoon and met a frog on the way. Parked in the middle of the forest track the frog remained motionless not even blinking. I think heat exhaustion could be ruled out, maybe it was awaiting the next 4x4 or was just playing dead, either way it made an ideal portrait subject. I finally get a reasonable shot of a large grasshopper. They can often be heard but are rarely seen as they blend in so perfectly with their surroundings. However once located these insects are less jumpy than their smaller cousins so foliage can be moved to get a better view without disturbing them.

Comments

Popular Posts