Day 259 - Autumn
Fallen beech leaves are most common
It is a cold wet walk this afternoon with a sprinkling of hail so I decide to mark this as the first day of autumn. Although most trees are still green the colours are changing and fallen leaves in every shade of brown are plentiful. My handy rings during one of many sudden downpours and I tuck it inside my hood and listen. We have come a long way from those heavy black Bakelite telephones that used to sit in the hallway, I think to myself as the caller chats away. Of course only the over forties will remember them. The wildlife has taken refuge from the rain so my photography has to focus on things more inanimate. Later, as I write in the comfort of my room I hear the distant rumble of thunder. The sun makes feeble attempts to cast light and shadows across my laptop but dark clouds soon blot it out and the rain begins again. Up here the rain is heavy and loud, rarely a light shower or drizzle. It hits the ground with force, which I can only put down to the altitude and clearer, possibly thinner air.


Comments
Post a Comment