
It’s a misty morning as I head towards Fünf Bäume; ideal for spotting cobwebs as the clinging dew makes them visible. Not wishing to bore you with more of the same the spider’s webs have gone psychedelic. Yesterday descending the zigzag path there was plenty of fungi to study. It was quite humid so that may have had something to do with their sudden appearance. I counted at least ten varieties but I was unable to identify some due to lack of time, as I did not wish to miss the train. As it happens I reached Bad Wildbad station just in time to watch the 13:35 pull out, missed by seconds, an occupational hazard. Still I got a few photos: top right is the Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria) generally considered to be one of the most poisonous fungi around. Bottom left is possibly the Fleecy milkcap (Lactarius vellereus) also inedible. Those pictured were the largest with cap diameters of around 10cm. On my walk this morning I brought back two small Bay Bolete (Boletus badius) and two young Shaggy ink caps (Coprinus comatus). Mixed 2:1 wild/cultivated with a bit of cream they made a very good snack on toast.
Comments
Post a Comment