Day 308 - Kurpark

Beautiful leaves that make a pleasant crunching sound underfoot when dry.

On my way down to catch the Pforzheim train I pass through the Kurpark as usual. Surprisingly some paths are still adorned with leaves, which I find very comforting. Normally a council worker blows the leaves away using a raucous two-stroke engine strapped to his back that acts like a reverse vacuum cleaner. Wearing ear protectors he is for the most part oblivious to the racket, while the rest of us have to suffer it throughout autumn without any protection. Eventually piles of leaves appear ready to be collected, hopefully before the wind blows them away. A few years ago I watched as the entire Stadtgarten in Pforzheim was cleared of leaves. What a waste of taxpayers money, not to mention the noise and air pollution added to the environment. I realise that some paths need to be cleared especially on slopes in the Kurpark where elderly and infirmed people can easily slip. It maybe premature but could this be a sign that common sense is beginning to prevail, I hope so!


I leave the Kurpark leaves
Fine rustic coloured carpets
Glistening in the rain
Wondering anxiously
Will that windy hurricane
Never return again.

.

Comments

  1. And it's so much fun to jump through the leaves like kids do it. I still do it sometimes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right...save the leaves I say:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts