Day 311 - Snow white

Teal eyes the cold water
The first snow arrives transforming autumn colours into duochrome. Above me the trees creak in the wind and each step squeaks in virgin snow that is covered in squirrel tracks. Sleet falls sporadically from a blank sky and although it is several degrees above freezing it remains ‘nasskalt’, wet and cold with more snow predicted. Later in the afternoon walking past the Kurpark pond I spot a teal which is a duck that I seldom see. Ensconced on the banks with their beaks tucked under their wings most of the mallards seemed content to enjoy their siesta whatever the weather. Meanwhile shellducks, pochards and pintails splashed their way towards me in eager anticipation of feeding time. Once the ducks realised that I was only there to snap their portraits they soon paddled away again followed by a gliding swan and several indignant geese.



Comments
Post a Comment