Day 335 - Umbrella
.
Yesterday was cold, wet and grey. The last patches of snow were finally washed away and the noise of the wind revving up marked most of the day. By evening the radio was warning of hurricane (Orkan) gusts up to 150kph. Having witnessed the debris caused by the last storm in spring when ‘Orkan Kyrill’ tore down many large pine trees I decided to give my Sunday walk to Grüne Hütte a miss. If you happen to be in the path of a falling tree it can give you a nasty bump on the head and just because Christmas is on the doorstep does not mean that you can drag your booty home and decorate it. Anyway the storm aftermath can often portray a better picture of the storm than trying to capture an image of swaying trees in dull lighting conditions as rain seeps into the camera. So with this philosophy I ventured out this morning into the still wet and windy forest to document the aftermath. However as far as I could see on my short walk there was not a fallen tree in sight and hardly a branch out of place, so much for the ‘hurricane gusts’. It remained windy however and in exposed areas it was a constant battle to keep my umbrella together as the rain lashed at me from all sides. With my enthusiasm slightly dampened I returned home with the distinct feeling that it was only my umbrella that suffered any storm damage.




Comments
Post a Comment